KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 5 sec)
- Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius is criticizing a bipartisan energy bill, saying that utility executives rejected a compromise she proposed.
- H&R Block says it will eliminate more than 500 jobs as part of an effort to cut expenses by $110 million a year.
- A series of summits is being held across Missouri in order to recruit state and local law officers to undergo training to enforce federal immigration laws.
- A bill filed today in the Missouri Senate would toughen state laws against those who use, produce, or sell methamphetamine.
- Two candidates for the Missouri 6th Congressional District have raised more than 1 million dollars each.