Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Thu January 24, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 1-24-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 22 sec)
- Kansas City Missouri's school board has parted ways with Superintendent Anthony Amato. Board members announced last night they would replace Amato with a former superintendent of the Grandview school district.
- Jay Nixon has based his strategy in his campaign for Missouri governor on opposing the record of incumbent Republican Matt Blunt. The Democratic Attorney General says that won't change now that Blunt's out of the race.
- A federal judge has ruled that Missouri must issue a new specialty license plate that reads "Choose Life." The Joint House and Senate Transportation Committee rejected the Choose Life plates in 2006 after two abortion-rights members said they would oppose it.
- Hillary Clinton has joined Barack Obama in running TV ads in Missouri.