Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurants Within 250 Miles Of Kansas City
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- Brownback Won't Allow Marriage Rights To Gay Couples In Kansas
Tue January 22, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 1-22-08
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (3 min 35 sec)
- Two companies operated by pastors at a prominent Overland Park church have closed down. Complaints filed with the Kansas attorney general's office and the IRS allege inappropriate use of church proceeds.
- Embattled Kansas City Parks Board member Frances Semler is stepping down.
- Lawrence police are looking at a pilot project that they say could lead to all their patrol officers carrying Tasers.
- Sheriffs' departments in Missouri would get some needed financial relief under a Senate committee's proposal. The plan recommends charging people higher court fees to boost deputy sheriff salaries.
- City officials recently approved a new nearly $170,000 public art project for the entry plaza of the Kansas City Zoo.