Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri January 18, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 1-18-08
By Frank Morris
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (1 min 48 sec)
- Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius appointed Douglas County District Judge Stephen Six attorney general Friday to replace Paul Morrison, who's leaving office because of a sex scandal.
Six, from Lawrence, specialized in civil litigation with a Kansas City area law firm before Sebelius appointed him to the bench in January 2005. His father, Fred, is a retired Kansas Supreme Court justice.
- Sprint/Nextel today announced that it's cutting 4000 internal jobs, and closing 125 stores, as it continues to struggle with defections from its mobile phone service subscribers.
- Sen. Clair McCaskill and the Missouri State Auditor this morning unveiled a new television advertisement supporting Illinois Senator Barak Obama in Missouri's February fifth Democratic primary. Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, who represents most of Kansas City in the House, is backing Sen. Hillary Clinton in the primary.