Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri January 18, 2008
KCUR Morning Newscast 1-18-08
By Frank Morris
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Morning Headlines (1 min 48 sec)
- Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius appointed Douglas County District Judge Stephen Six attorney general Friday to replace Paul Morrison, who's leaving office because of a sex scandal.
Six, from Lawrence, specialized in civil litigation with a Kansas City area law firm before Sebelius appointed him to the bench in January 2005. His father, Fred, is a retired Kansas Supreme Court justice.
- Sprint/Nextel today announced that it's cutting 4000 internal jobs, and closing 125 stores, as it continues to struggle with defections from its mobile phone service subscribers.
- Sen. Clair McCaskill and the Missouri State Auditor this morning unveiled a new television advertisement supporting Illinois Senator Barak Obama in Missouri's February fifth Democratic primary. Congressman Emanuel Cleaver, who represents most of Kansas City in the House, is backing Sen. Hillary Clinton in the primary.