Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon August 30, 2010
KCUR Morning News 8-30-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – The handling of some types of criminal cases in Kansas City is prompting one of the city's police commissioner to meet with the Jackson County prosecutor. The issue is the volume of violent assault crimes that wind up in municipal court.
Dozens of new laws took effect in Missouri this weekend. One in particular creates new ethics rules: it restricts committee-to-committee money transfers and allows the Ethics Commission to launch its own investigations.
Missouri has a new approach to combat sexually transmitted diseases. A new state law allows doctors to prescribe medication for a patient's partner without requiring a separate, in person health exam.
The Missouri Department of Conservation says about 300 people attended meetings last week around the Ozarks to discuss returning wild elk to the state.