Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri August 27, 2010
KCUR Morning News 8-27-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Highwoods Properties and the Polsinelli Shughart law gave in to public pressure yesterday, releasing a new plan for the eight-story office building they plan to build on the Country Club Plaza.
Mayor Mark Funkhouser came out on the losing side of two significant council votes. The council overrode a mayoral veto and advanced a redistricting ballot measure on which Funkhouser sided with the four Northland council members.
A longtime professor at St. Paul's school of theology and early Civil Rights strategist was remembered at a memorial service yesterday. John Swomley was internationally recognized as an activist for peace, reconciliation and religious freedom.
Union leaders in Missouri are not happy with a new health insurance plan for state employees.