Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu August 26, 2010
KCUR Morning News 8-26-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Last week, Kansas City filed suit to block a November ballot measure that would force a vote on the earnings tax. Yesterday it was obvious that many council members believe the suit may not be effective and the city could face a major revenue loss.
Several adult businesses are heading to court in their challenge to a new Missouri law banning full nudity and alcohol at strip clubs and adult stores.
The hot summer is causing some pet owners to refrain from purchasing food for their dogs and cats.
Eight elementary school students who were treated at a Topeka hospital after a bus accident have been released.
The Environmental Protection agency says Bayer CropScience has agreed to pay nearly $38,000 in fines for not having an adequate risk management program its pesticide-manufacturing plant in Kansas City, Missouri.
The Kansas City Royals rallied from an early 3-0 deficit to post a 4-3 win in 12 innings over the Detroit Tigers yesterday.