Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Wed August 18, 2010
KCUR Morning News 8-18-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas Health Policy Authority has been rewarded by federal health officials for its efforts to boost enrollment in Healthwave the state's children's health insurance program.
A former Kansas deputy attorney general will receive an informal admonition for failing to correct information given to the state Supreme Court during investigations of abortion providers.
A symposium on water quality issues at the Lake of the Ozarks is underway. It comes more than a year after the controversy involving the delayed release of test results that showed elevated E-coli levels at two Lake sites.
Attorney General Chris Koster says he'll appeal a federal ruling that struck down Missouri's law banning protests at funerals.
The Kansas City Royals held on for a 2-1 win over the Cleveland Indians.