Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fri August 13, 2010
KCUR Morning News 8-13-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – The Johnson County, Kansas government will spend $15 million dollsars less next year as sales and property tax revenues continue to fall. The county commission voted-in a $794 million budget to operate in 2011.
A sheriff's deputy was injured and an inmate she was transporting was killed in a crash on Interstate 70 near the Kansas Speedway.
The Department of Veterans Affairs says it will use more than $1 million in federal stimulus money to make improvements and buy equipment at three national cemeteries in Kansas.
An ongoing effort on the part of Kansas law enforcement to crack down on impaired drivers is about to get another boost in the statewide campaign.
A ninth-inning rally came up just short for the Kansas City Royals last night as they dropped a 4-3 decision to the visiting New York Yankees at Kauffman Stadium.