Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Mon June 13, 2011
KCUR Morning News 7-1311
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Emergency officials are helping prepare areas along the Missouri river for increased risks of flooding this week.
Rising water levels on the Missouri river are expected to swamp hundreds of thousands of acres of crops and halt barge traffic.
A canoe race and Missouri River festival have been postponed because of likely flooding.
Even before the next state budget takes effect in Kansas, the State Board of Education will start discussing the spending plan that will follow it.
Vin Mazzaro pitched seven shutout innings yesterday as the Kansas City Royals blanked the Los Angeles Angels 9-0.
Sporting KC posted its second win of the season yesterday, a 4-1 victory over FC Dallas.