Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu May 5, 2011
KCUR Morning News 5-5-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Leawood lawyer is facing a fraud charge as part of an investigation into a $52 million Ponzi scheme.
The Missouri Department of Transportation has announced plans to eliminate 12-hundred jobs and close 135 facilities across the state.
The redistricting map vetoed over the weekend by Governor Jay Nixon is now law, as both the Missouri House and Senate overrode his veto.
The Kansas House has given first approval to a bill that will help pay for students at Fort Leavenworth to be bused to a nearby school district.
The Sprint Foundation is giving a $1 million grant to help establish an Urban Education Research Center at UMKC.
Douglas County commissioners voted yesterday to approve a new health plan that extends coverage to domestic partners.