Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu May 5, 2011
KCUR Morning News 5-5-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Leawood lawyer is facing a fraud charge as part of an investigation into a $52 million Ponzi scheme.
The Missouri Department of Transportation has announced plans to eliminate 12-hundred jobs and close 135 facilities across the state.
The redistricting map vetoed over the weekend by Governor Jay Nixon is now law, as both the Missouri House and Senate overrode his veto.
The Kansas House has given first approval to a bill that will help pay for students at Fort Leavenworth to be bused to a nearby school district.
The Sprint Foundation is giving a $1 million grant to help establish an Urban Education Research Center at UMKC.
Douglas County commissioners voted yesterday to approve a new health plan that extends coverage to domestic partners.