Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu May 12, 2011
KCUR Morning News 5-12-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – For the first time in its 26-year history, Farm Aid is bringing its annual benefit concert to Kansas City.
Kansas legislative negotiators have agreed on a $14 billion budget for the state's 2012 fiscal year, one that will cut overall spending between 5 percent and 6 percent.
Legislation that would lower Missouri's age for carrying a concealed firearm from 23 to 21 has passed the State Senate.
Missouri lawmakers have voted to delay a sprinkler system mandate for residential care centers that was adopted in response to a deadly fire.
Seven riders and their horses are ready to help local law enforcement agencies during searches for missing people.