Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Fri April 24, 2009
KCUR Morning News 4-24-09
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO –
Workers at GM's Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas got some good news. That plant will be spared from this summer's shutdowns.
The Kansas City, Missouri city council approved a basic agreement with Jackson County on forming a regional jail.
The council also turned down a measure to apply for federal permission to seek a private operator for KCI airport.
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius has vetoed a bill that would require doctors to provide the state with detailed medical reports when they perform late-term abortions.
The Missouri Senate has approved legislation mandating insurance companies to cover autism treatments.
A high school student in Kansas City has been diagnosed with tuberculosis, and the health department is trying to determine if any others are exposed.