Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurants Within 250 Miles Of Kansas City
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- Brownback Won't Allow Marriage Rights To Gay Couples In Kansas
Fri April 24, 2009
KCUR Morning News 4-24-09
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO –
Workers at GM's Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kansas got some good news. That plant will be spared from this summer's shutdowns.
The Kansas City, Missouri city council approved a basic agreement with Jackson County on forming a regional jail.
The council also turned down a measure to apply for federal permission to seek a private operator for KCI airport.
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius has vetoed a bill that would require doctors to provide the state with detailed medical reports when they perform late-term abortions.
The Missouri Senate has approved legislation mandating insurance companies to cover autism treatments.
A high school student in Kansas City has been diagnosed with tuberculosis, and the health department is trying to determine if any others are exposed.