Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Wed February 16, 2011
KCUR Morning news 2-16-11
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Later today the Jackson County Prosecutor is expected to tell whether he can set charges in a series of five rapes in and around Kansas City's Waldo district dating to 2009. It's a continuation of an investigation set into motion last Spring.
The Kansas City planning commission has rejected plans by local law firm to build headquarters on Country Club Plaza.
A Missouri House committee has passed legislation that would require voters to show photo identification at the polls.
Photo ID will also now be required to get birth, death, marriage and divorce records in Missouri.
The Kansas Senate has approved a bill to cut spending and save the state about $3.6 million in the current fiscal year.
The Missouri men's basketball team improved to a perfect 16-and-oh at home last night as they held on for a 92-84 win over Texas Tech.