Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri February 11, 2011
KCUR Morning News 2-11-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kansas City's mayor gave the council his comments on the city manager's budget proposal yesterday, and they repeated familiar Mark Funkhouer themes. Kansas Governor Sam Brownback today (THUR) unveiled his comprehensive plan for growing the state's economy.
Members of the Kansas House are expected to take a final vote today on a proposed amendment to the state constitution that would make it illegal for any law to force someone to buy health insurance.
The Missouri House has passed a bill that would place diseases contracted on the job under the workers' compensation system.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says legislation that would make Missouri a so-called "right-to-work" state is a step backward.
The Belton School district was forced to close school yesterday because they couldn't get their buses started.