Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri February 11, 2011
KCUR Morning News 2-11-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Kansas City's mayor gave the council his comments on the city manager's budget proposal yesterday, and they repeated familiar Mark Funkhouer themes. Kansas Governor Sam Brownback today (THUR) unveiled his comprehensive plan for growing the state's economy.
Members of the Kansas House are expected to take a final vote today on a proposed amendment to the state constitution that would make it illegal for any law to force someone to buy health insurance.
The Missouri House has passed a bill that would place diseases contracted on the job under the workers' compensation system.
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon says legislation that would make Missouri a so-called "right-to-work" state is a step backward.
The Belton School district was forced to close school yesterday because they couldn't get their buses started.