Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed December 29, 2010
KCUR Morning News 12-29-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Kansas is one of 15 states receiving a federal award for enrolling children in health care plans. The payment is for enrolling eligible children in Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program, or CHIP.
A Kansas state agency is accepting online applications from people who need help paying for their winter heating bills.
A six-year moratorium on new water rights in Kansas for the Ozarks aquifer has been lifted.
The Missouri Botanical Garden and the Royal Botanic Gardens in London have completed the first comprehensive list of world plant species.
A news conference is being this morning at Northwest Missouri State where Mel Tjeerdsma is planning to announce he's stepping down at the Bearcats head football coach.
The Missouri Tigers fell to the Iowa Hawkeyes 27-24 in last night's Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ.