Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed December 29, 2010
KCUR Morning News 12-29-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – Kansas is one of 15 states receiving a federal award for enrolling children in health care plans. The payment is for enrolling eligible children in Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program, or CHIP.
A Kansas state agency is accepting online applications from people who need help paying for their winter heating bills.
A six-year moratorium on new water rights in Kansas for the Ozarks aquifer has been lifted.
The Missouri Botanical Garden and the Royal Botanic Gardens in London have completed the first comprehensive list of world plant species.
A news conference is being this morning at Northwest Missouri State where Mel Tjeerdsma is planning to announce he's stepping down at the Bearcats head football coach.
The Missouri Tigers fell to the Iowa Hawkeyes 27-24 in last night's Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ.