Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Thu December 10, 2009
KCUR Morning News 12-10-09
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City Missouri school district holds the first of a series of public forums tonight for input on future school closures and layoffs.
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has announced a series of proposals he says would close "cracks" that have developed in the prosecution of drunk drivers.
Small business interests in Missouri are urging lawmakers to continue their support as the 2010 legislative session approaches.
Missouri's two U.S. senators are supporting a bill to create a special commission to recommend ways of reducing the federal debt.
The top-ranked Kansas men's basketball team had no trouble maintaining their number-one status last night, defeating Bradford 99-64 and improving to 8 and 0 on the year.
Missouri gave up a last-second layup and was edged by Oral Roberts 60-59.
UMKC dropped a 73-52 decision to Wichita State.