Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Mon January 3, 2011
KCUR Morning news 1-3-10
By Maria Carter
Kansas City, MO – A violent December pushed Kansas City's 2010 homicide total to 106 deaths.
Missouri and Kansas have had Safe Haven laws on the books for several years, allowing parents to leave newborns at hospitals, fire stations, and some other locations.
A new state audit says workers at Missouri's Department of Mental Health are racking up excessive amounts of overtime.
It hasn't been a great year for Democrats in Kansas, with the party failing to capture even one statewide office in the 2010 general election, and suffering even further declines in the Kansas House.
The search for a new athletics director at the University of Kansas is over.
The Kansas City Chiefs ended their regular season with a thud yesterday, falling to the Oakland Raiders 31-10 at Arrowhead Stadium.