Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu March 17, 2011
KCUR Morning News
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Kansas City man has pleaded no contest to 21 federal charges accusing him of lacing ice cream and soda with sleeping pills, giving the drugs to girls and making pornographic videos of the young victims.
Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill says she is embarrassed by the recent revelation that she was reimbursed for using a private airplane to attend a political event in 2007.
The Missouri Senate has endorsed a bill setting the state's 2012 presidential primary near the front of the pack - potentially violating Republican and Democratic party rules at aimed preventing a crush of early primaries.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has proposed the first-ever national standards for air pollution from power plants.
A Kansas Senate panel is urging rejection of a bill to repeal a law granting in-state tuition rates to certain illegal immigrants at public colleges and universities.