Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri May 13, 2011
KCUR Morning New 5-13-11
By Maria Carter
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Kansas legislative session ended early this morning. Lawmakers worked through the night to finish the state's 2012 budget and numerous other measures.
A legislative proposal that bans private health insurance from covering abortions cleared the Kansas legislature this morning.
Legislation that would ban so-called "late-term" abortions in Missouri is on its way to Governor Jay Nixon.
The final day of the 2011 session has arrived, and Missouri lawmakers remain divided on some key issues.
The Kansas City Royals outslugged the New York Yankees last night 11-5, handing the Yanks their first home series loss of the season and knocking them out of first place.