Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon March 3, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 3-3-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 48 sec)
- A Jackson County judge ruled today that Mayor Mark Funkhouser was wrong and the city council correct in interpreting the city charter on the retaining or dismissing the city manager.
- A group of bar and restaurant owners in Independence has failed to win a place on the ballot for a measure to alter the city's strict no-smoking ordinance.
- The testimony of John Henry Horton's niece in his trial for the murder of Lizabeth Wilson added nothing substantial to the prosecution's arguments this morning. Cindy Owens testified that she did not remember testifying in the past that Horton gave chloroform to a friend of hers.
- A new study from the Pew Center on the States ranks Missouri's government fourth in the nation for collection of significant data, using it in long-term planning and making it easy for the public to access. Kansas finished with a B-, right in the middle of the pack.