Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri March 28, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 3-28-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 47 sec)
- The Kansas House passed a voter photo id bill today. It came as part of a bill scheduling a Kansas presidential primary to replace the caucuses the parties run at their own expense.
- The Kansas House also overwhelmingly passed a bill under which individuals could own machine guns, other fully-automatic firearms, sawed-off shotguns and silencers.
- In the Senate, a committee introduced a resolution saying the state Board of Healing Arts should consider making personnel changes.
- Kansas City-based H & R Block, troubled recently over losses by its subprime mortgage business, says it's off to a good start in tax season. Block says core tax business is up 1.3 percent so far.