KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 49 sec)
- Today was deadline day for the Kansas City, Missouri City Council to pass a budget. Many expected chaos, but the council delivered consensus.
- The council also passed resolutions supporting efforts to get Bombardier to build an aircraft plant here and efforts to create a regional jail.
- The Missouri House also passed a budget for next year today.
- A Jackson County Judge found accused serial killer Terry Blair guilty of the deaths of six women whose bodies were found along the Prospect Corridor in 2003 and 2004.
- And Kellen McKinney was sentenced to four life sentences without parole for the 2004 killing a Kansas City-area couple at a bible store they operated.