Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
- Finalists Selected, Design Process Starts For UMKC's Proposed Downtown Arts Campus
Wed March 26, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 3-26-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines
- Kansas City and Jackson County officials held a news conference this morning to announce that city budget proposals that close or privatize the city jail as a part of Kansas City budget cuts have accelerated plans for a regional jail.
- Mayor Mark Funkhouser says the council will pass something close to the compromise budget that cleared the Finance and Audit committee last week. That budget would nearly double the city's reserve fund, and more adequately fund benefit obligations, snow removal and gasoline.
- Missouri legislators are rushing to push through an economic development bill to encourage Bombardier to build a proposed $375 million aircraft plant in Kansas City.