KCUR Evening Newscast 2-7-08
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 48 sec)
- With Mitt Romney out of the presidential race, candidates John McCain and Mike Huckabee have scheduled Kansas appearances before Saturday's Republican Caucuses.
- Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt stopped in North Kansas City today, announcing his plan to restrict what he says have been excessive increases in local property taxes across the state. Blunt, a Romney Supporter, declined to endorse a presidential candidate.
- Police in Columbia, MO, confirm that at least two more Tiger basketball players have been involved in public fighting and gunfire incidents.
- The Missouri House voted unanimously today to restore funding for a cancer hospital at the University of Missouri-Columbia and a pharmacy and nursing complex at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Hispanic advocacy group La Raza announced plans to hold its cancelled Kansas City 2009 convention in Chicago.