Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Thu February 7, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 2-7-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 48 sec)
- With Mitt Romney out of the presidential race, candidates John McCain and Mike Huckabee have scheduled Kansas appearances before Saturday's Republican Caucuses.
- Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt stopped in North Kansas City today, announcing his plan to restrict what he says have been excessive increases in local property taxes across the state. Blunt, a Romney Supporter, declined to endorse a presidential candidate.
- Police in Columbia, MO, confirm that at least two more Tiger basketball players have been involved in public fighting and gunfire incidents.
- The Missouri House voted unanimously today to restore funding for a cancer hospital at the University of Missouri-Columbia and a pharmacy and nursing complex at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Hispanic advocacy group La Raza announced plans to hold its cancelled Kansas City 2009 convention in Chicago.