Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Tue February 26, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 2-26-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (3 min 35 sec)
- Kansas City city manager Wayne Cauthen has submitted a gradual 3-year plan for city budget cuts, saying revisions to meet an expected shortfall in one year would only allow the city to offer bare bones public safety and infrastructure services.
- Johnson County District Attorney Phill Kline and Defense Attorney Michael McCulloch presented opening statements today in the second murder trial of John Henry Horton.
- Nearly 250 political candidates have filed to run for various offices in Missouri so far today, the first official day they can file.
- Doctors say the condition of 5-year-old Katherine Cook is improving and they are in the process of weaning her from life-support. The girl was shot in the head while playing outside her Leavenworth County home over the weekend.
- "Big Brother" will be watching at undisclosed locations of Kansas City, Kansas with the installation of ten new video surveillance cameras.
- Roman Catholic officials on both sides of the state line condemn the pending "Bodies Revealed" exhibit at Union Station as inappropriate for school field trips.