KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 43 sec)
- The Missouri House has moved toward resolving a bi-state tax dispute. Last year, the Missouri General Assembly removed a tax deduction for Kansas residents who work in Missouri.
- Kansas House committee members today passed a bill that would pave the way for a pair of controversial coal-fired power plants.
- Supporters of a state-wide smoking ban in Kansas expect a committee vote on the measure when senate hearings wrap up this week.
- Congressman Emanuel Cleaver announced today that the Department of Veterans affairs plans to do almost $9.5 million worth of renovations at the Veterans Administration hospital in Kansas City.
- Sprint Nextel's board of directors added a dissident investor to its membership today. Ralph Whitworth supports streamlining the business - throwing off the long distance division, for instance.