Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri February 1, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 2-1-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines
- President George Bush spent much of today in Kansas City with a speech on the economy and a fundraiser for Congressman Sam Graves.
- Former Missouri House Speaker Steve Gaw will seek the Congressional seat to be vacated by gubernatorial candidate Kenny Hulshof.
- Republican Jacob Turk, who helped lead the unsuccessful attempt to prevent passage of the Missouri stem-cell-research protection amendment will run against Congressman Emanuel Cleaver.
- A regional conference of the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps at the Uptown Theater drew a counter-demonstration from religious and civil rights groups.
- A Kansas district court judge okayed a new law that allows four state-owned casinos and slots at racetracks, but a final decision will come from the state supreme court.