Thu January 31, 2008
KCUR Evening Newscast 1-31-08
By Steve Bell
KANSAS CITY, MO –
KCUR Evening Headlines (1 min 45 sec)
- Harrisonville state Sen. Chris Koster filed a bill today that would toughen state laws on the use, manufacture or sale of methamphetamine.
- In Topeka, Olathe state Rep. Lance Kinzer introduced a bill he says will improve the enforcement of late-term abortion laws and end what he called coerced abortions in Kansas.
- The new attorney general of Kansas was sworn in by his father this morning. Retired state supreme court justice Fred Six is the father of Stephen Six who replaced Paul Morrison.
- As the Minutemen prepare for a regional conference in Kansas City, tomorrow, civil rights groups plan counter-demonstrations.
- Governor Sebelius is criticizing a bill proposed by a Kansas legislative committee that would allow the construction of two coal-fired power plants.
- MoDOT says connecting plates were designed correctly on all Missouri bridges, but weight changes make some suspect.