Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon October 11, 2010
KC's Kickball Team Heads to National Tournament
By Alexia Lang
Kansas City, MO – Kickball is not just for kids anymore -- these days, you're just as likely to find a group of young adults running around a baseball diamond with a red rubber ball. More than 60 adult kickball teams are headed to the founder's cup world kickball championship tournament in Las Vegas this weekend. Local kickball team El Guapo was selected from thousands of teams across the nation to compete. KCUR's Alexia Lang caught up with the team earlier this week, before they left for Vegas.
UPDATE: El Guapo went into the championship ranked 34th in the nation. They won two of their first three games, qualifying for the elimination round along with 31 other teams. With a ranking of 23rd, the El Guapos went up against the #9 ranked team and 2008 national champions, The Situation from Virginia, and lost. El Guapo player Nicholas Snider said going to the championship was a great experience, and the team is proud of how they played.
The regular kickball season ends on October 21, 2010 and the spring divisions will begin early next year.