Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 26, 2010
KCI: Getting There is Hardest Part
Frustrations some KCI air travelers found over the weekend will recur next Saturday and Sunday. Commercial flyers using "B" terminal are being told to leave home early and bring patience.
The aviation department decided to cram roadwork around terminal B into two weekends rather than draw out the inconveniences. It affects those using Southwest and Delta.
At times yesterday and last Saturday there was no direct curb access for Delta customers. People had to be dropped off and picked up "upstream" from construction.
Joe McBride from City Aviation says the diversions are alternating. In his words, "either you'll have the curb right in front of your airline not open, or the commercial, the median right in front of that airline. So, essentially, if it looks like it's closed, it probably is." McBride says you just need to go park at the open curb space there at your terminal and walk a little farther."
The work will complete $2.8 million worth of roads, medians, bus shelters and garage pedestrian tunnels at KCI.