Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon July 26, 2010
KCI: Getting There is Hardest Part
Frustrations some KCI air travelers found over the weekend will recur next Saturday and Sunday. Commercial flyers using "B" terminal are being told to leave home early and bring patience.
The aviation department decided to cram roadwork around terminal B into two weekends rather than draw out the inconveniences. It affects those using Southwest and Delta.
At times yesterday and last Saturday there was no direct curb access for Delta customers. People had to be dropped off and picked up "upstream" from construction.
Joe McBride from City Aviation says the diversions are alternating. In his words, "either you'll have the curb right in front of your airline not open, or the commercial, the median right in front of that airline. So, essentially, if it looks like it's closed, it probably is." McBride says you just need to go park at the open curb space there at your terminal and walk a little farther."
The work will complete $2.8 million worth of roads, medians, bus shelters and garage pedestrian tunnels at KCI.