Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri June 7, 2013
KC Company Leads Technology Shift In Health Care
The U.S. health system is undergoing a major technological shift right now. Some equate it to finally catching up to where the banking and airline industries have been for years.
It’s no small change, either.
Think about it, moving all those doctors’ notes into the digital realm, and then figuring out how use that data to make better health care decisions.
At the center of this shift is a company based in Kansas City called Cerner. Founded in 1979, Cerner has become one of the nation’s biggest players in health technology.
This story is part of a reporting partnership that includes KCUR, NPR and Kaiser Health News.