Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Fri June 7, 2013
KC Company Leads Technology Shift In Health Care
The U.S. health system is undergoing a major technological shift right now. Some equate it to finally catching up to where the banking and airline industries have been for years.
It’s no small change, either.
Think about it, moving all those doctors’ notes into the digital realm, and then figuring out how use that data to make better health care decisions.
At the center of this shift is a company based in Kansas City called Cerner. Founded in 1979, Cerner has become one of the nation’s biggest players in health technology.
This story is part of a reporting partnership that includes KCUR, NPR and Kaiser Health News.