Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon March 3, 2014
Kauffman School Announces New CEO
The Board of Directors of the Ewing Marion Kauffman School announced Monday that Hannah Lofthus will be the next CEO.
Lofthus is the founding principal and chief academic officer of the charter school and will transition into the role of CEO over the next several months.
In a release, board chairman Robert Strom said the promotion puts the strongest and best leader for the school in place while providing continuity of leadership.
Prior to its opening, Lofthus worked with education leaders at the Kauffman Foundation to establish a vision for the school, which was the nation's first public charter operated by a private foundation.
Lofthus is a native of Kansas City and alumna of UMKC.