Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu October 14, 2010
Kauffman Center Announces Plans For Inaugural Weekend
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts has announced its opening weekend plans for September 16 - 18, 2011.
Kansas City, MO – Opera singer Placido Domingo and violinist Itzkak Perlman will headline the inauguration of the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts 1,600 seat Helzberg Hall and the 1,800 seat Muriel Kauffman Theatre. The resident companies - the Kansas City Symphony, the Lyric Opera of Kansas City, and the Kansas City Ballet will also perform during the opening festivities.
The $413 million project, designed by architect Moshe Safdie, includes a city-funded garage, and a $40 million endowment. Construction is close to 80 percent complete.
Watch the construction site progress here.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast