Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu January 31, 2013
Kansas State Football Coach Signs New Five-Year Contract
Bill Snyder is the oldest active coach in major college football and shows no signs of retiring. Snyder will be 78 if he fulfills the 5-year extension he signed to coach the Kansas State Wildcats.
This season, Snyder will earn a $2.75 million base salary. That doesn't include the bonuses, such as $50,000 if the Wildcats receive a Bowl bid or $100,000 if it's a BCS Bowl.
Snyder's extension comes when recruits are making their final decisions on where to attend college before next week's signing date.
Find out more about the new contract and employment agreement here.