Most Active Stories
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Kansas Seeks To Address Prison Guard ‘Correctional Fatigue’
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
- When It Comes To Kansas City's State Line, It's Complicated
Thu April 18, 2013
Kansas Speedway Focuses On Security This Weekend
This weekend marks the first of two NASCAR weekends at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas. In the wake of the deadly explosions at the Boston Marathon on Monday, security measures will be in full-effect at the speedway.
Kansas Speedway president Pat Warren says details of security precautions aren't fully disclosed. However, it will be clear to spectators that coolers and backpacks will be inspected.
"That's no different than what we've done in the past," said Warren from his speedway office. "I just think it's human nature to be more concerned. That's a good thing, so I think you're going to see some extra vigilance and diligence in how we manage that. That may take a little bit longer."
Both weekend events will be held in the afternoon, the truck series on Saturday and the Sprint Cup series on Sunday.