Most Active Stories
- WATCH: Two Time-Lapse Videos That May Make Kansas City Lovers Cry
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- Two Kansas City Metro Schools Moving To Year-Round Calendar
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- The House Cleaning In The St. Joseph School District Continues
Up to Date
Mon July 30, 2012
Kansas Senate 8th District: Incumbent Faces Conservative Challenger
Kansas voters will also head to the ballot box next Tuesday, August 7, to pick nominees for a number of races, including Kansas Senate and House of Representatives.
The races are of particular interest because many of the incumbents are moderate Republicans, and they're being challenged by conservative Republicans. Moderates say that if conservatives gain control of the Kansas Senate, they're likely to vote in lock-step with Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback.
Monday in the second half of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Tim Owens, a moderate and a former Overland Park councilman and Jim Denning, a vice president of Discover Vision Center who is regarded as a conservative.
Up to Date