Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up To Date
Tue April 23, 2013
The Kansas Sales Tax: To Extend Or Not To Extend
Three years ago the Kansas legislature passed a one-cent sales tax with the intention of removing it at a later date.
Now Gov. Brownback wants to extend it to help pay for the income-tax cuts passed by lawmakers last year. State Senator Jeff Melcher (R-11th District) and State Representative Scott Schwab (R-49th District) join Steve Kraske to discuss the pros and cons of keeping the tax.