Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon June 1, 2009
Kansas Right To Life Condemns Tiller Murder
Kansas City , Mo. – Kansas is among the majority of states that has a ban on abortions performed after 21 weeks. Mary Kay Culp, Executive Director of Kansans for Life, says the ban isn't very well enforced, and the group's been paying extra attention to the issue since a jury recently acquitted Dr. George Tiller in a case challenging his use of second opinions.
But Culp says Sunday's killing is inconsistent with the way Kansans for Life operates.
Mary Kay Culp: "We get citizens together. We don't approve of violence at all. It goes against the way we area organized and goes against everything we believe in."
Culp says the actions of militants do not represent the agenda of the anti-abortion movement and are a setback to its goals.