Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Up to Date
Mon June 11, 2012
Kansas Myths & Mysteries
A family of serial killers who were never caught...a fortune left buried along the banks of a creek by the Dalton gang...and orphans shipped from New York for a “good” life on the prairie.
These are some of the mysteries and myths of Kansas.
Tuesday on Up to Date Steve Kraske welcomes author Diana Lambdin Meyer to pull back the curtain on some of the Sunflower State’s most fascinating stories.
Based in the Kansas City area, Diana Lambdin Meyer and her husband Bruce, a professional photographer with skills in video and still photography, have more than 25 years experience as a freelance travel writing/photography team. Diana Both are members of the Society of American Travel Writers, and Diana also holds membership in the Midwest Travel Writers Association. Their work has been recognized for excellence by both organizations. They specialize in soft adventure, heritage and general destination travel features, as well as profiles of craft artisans and the museums that feature their work. They enjoy both domestic and international destinations. Diana is conversant in French; Bruce speaks some German and they both attempt to butcher Spanish or any other language they encounter with enthusiasm and appreciation for the learning opportunity.