Most Active Stories
Up To Date
Mon May 19, 2014
Kansas & Missouri Legislatures End 2014 Sessions
So far 2014 has been a banner year for the GOP in both Missouri and Kansas. The Missouri General Assembly passed a major tax cut and expanded gun holders' rights despite opposition from state Democrats.
Meanwhile, the Kansas legislature increased public school spending to the tune of $129 million.
On Monday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske sits down with lawmakers from both states to discuss what they did, and didn't do, during the 2014 legislative sessions.
- Sen. Ryan Silvey, (R-Mo.) 17th district.
- Sen. Jolie Justus, (D-Mo.) 10th district.
- Sen. Jeff Melcher, (R-Ks.) 11th district.
- Rep. John Rubin, (R-Ks.) 18th district.
- Rep. Stephanie Clayton, (R-Ks.) 19th district.