Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu May 31, 2007
Kansas City's Ida McBeth
Versatile singer Ida McBeth has been serving up jazz, blues, soul and funk to Kansas City audiences for 30 years. Note: Ida McBeth kicks off MAAA's Live in the Crossroads series on June 1, 7 - 9 pm at 2018 Baltimore.
By Lee Ingalls
Kansas City, MO – Singer Ida McBeth has been a fixture on the Kansas City music scene for more than thirty years, getting her first professional job before she even was out of high school. In November, McBeth released her fourth CD, "Live on the Vine." KCUR's Lee Ingalls sat down with McBeth to talk about her life in blues, jazz, soul and funk - and her affection for what she calls "nice nasty songs."
More information: Ida McBeth's website
This story originally aired on KCUR in November 2006.
Lee Ingalls is KCUR's morning newscaster and the jazz critic for KCUR's Up to Date.