Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri May 20, 2011
Kansas City Symphony Takes the Stage in Helzberg Hall
This week, the Kansas City Symphony took the stage for the first time at Helzberg Hall, one of two performance venues at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. It marks the beginning of a series of tuning rehearsals before the mid-September opening weekend.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – KCUR's Laura Spencer was there for the first rehearsal and has this audio postcard. Note: KCUR's Stephen Steigman also contributed to this report.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast .
For a more detailed look at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, its mission, and the organizations that will present there, check out KCUR's blog Sound and Glass.
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency