Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Fri May 20, 2011
Kansas City Symphony Takes the Stage in Helzberg Hall
This week, the Kansas City Symphony took the stage for the first time at Helzberg Hall, one of two performance venues at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. It marks the beginning of a series of tuning rehearsals before the mid-September opening weekend.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – KCUR's Laura Spencer was there for the first rehearsal and has this audio postcard. Note: KCUR's Stephen Steigman also contributed to this report.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast .
For a more detailed look at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, its mission, and the organizations that will present there, check out KCUR's blog Sound and Glass.
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency