Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue November 6, 2007
Kansas City Repertory Theatre Names New Artistic Director
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City Repertory Theatre today announced its new artistic director. He's the co-founder and artistic director of About Face Theatre in Chicago. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
- - - - -
After an eight-month national search, the Kansas City Repertory Theatre selected director and playwright Eric Rosen who's gained a reputation for championing new work from playwrights like Doug Wright and Mary Zimmerman. Under his leadership, the About Face Theatre in Chicago staged 30 world premieres in just over a decade. Rosen says he's excited about continuing to present new works at the Rep.
Eric Rosen: "What I saw a lot nationally were theatres that were starting to shrink or contract and their boards are losing interest. And what I found in Kansas City was a board that was fully committed and, I think, a community that is so passionate about the theatre. And for me, that made it a really exciting opportunity to dream up what we could to do together."
Rosen is expected to start at the Rep in late Spring of 2008. Laura Spencer, KCUR News.