Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
Sun April 6, 2008
Kansas City, Missouri School Board Elections
By Sylvia Maria Gross
KANSAS CITY, MO – Penmanship may play an important role in shaping the next Kansas City, Missouri school board. Not the candidates' handwriting skills - but the voters'.
Although many see the future of the school district as key to the city's development, the only truly contested races are between write-in candidates. And even the winners of unopposed races might be thrown out if the entire system's subdistricts are redrawn. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross explains the situation.
Kansas City district residents will have a final chance to hear from most of the candidates, and the mayor, on April 7, 2008 at a discussion at 6:30 p.m. at the Westport Roanoke Community Center. Find more information about this event here.
Airick Leonard West
Emanuel Cooper, Jr (write-in)
Joyce Huggins (write-in)
Ralph Reucher (write-in)