Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
- How One Royals Fan Is Sprinkling A Little Magic On Kauffman Stadium
Sun April 6, 2008
Kansas City, Missouri School Board Elections
By Sylvia Maria Gross
KANSAS CITY, MO – Penmanship may play an important role in shaping the next Kansas City, Missouri school board. Not the candidates' handwriting skills - but the voters'.
Although many see the future of the school district as key to the city's development, the only truly contested races are between write-in candidates. And even the winners of unopposed races might be thrown out if the entire system's subdistricts are redrawn. KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross explains the situation.
Kansas City district residents will have a final chance to hear from most of the candidates, and the mayor, on April 7, 2008 at a discussion at 6:30 p.m. at the Westport Roanoke Community Center. Find more information about this event here.
Airick Leonard West
Emanuel Cooper, Jr (write-in)
Joyce Huggins (write-in)
Ralph Reucher (write-in)