Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue October 2, 2012
Kansas City Chefs Create Culinary Treasures
So three absolutely amazing chefs were walking down the street one day when a man jumped out from behind a bush... and surprised them with a simple request:
"Reach into my hat, and pull out 4 ingredients. I'll give you just a few minutes to come up with a dream concoction."
So they did. Or more precisely, they will during Wednesday's Up to Date, as Steve Kraske welcomes Room 39's Ted Habiger, Julian's Celina Tio, and The American Restaurant's Debbie Gold to explain real-life culinary creativity.
As we visit with these three masters of food, we'll ask them what they think about food reviews from critics and patrons online, their toughest day in the business, the importance of local ingredients, and answer this question: Is Kansas City a cut-throat restaurant town?
On Sunday, Chef Ted Habiger of Room 39 created a meal based largely on the food growing in Powell Gardens' Heartland Harvest Garden. Learn more about the dinner and view a slideshow of his and his staff's creations from KCUR's Julie Denesha.