Most Active Stories
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Thu July 10, 2014
Kansas City Bartenders Create Cocktails Inspired By Local Bands
Music is often connected with emotions, but what about food? Can a cocktail taste like a song? On Thursday's Central Standard, we spoke with two Kansas City bartenders who recently completed a feat of synesthesia - creating original cocktails inspired by songs from local musicians. The event was called Mixtapes & Mixology.
Also, on our regular Tell KCUR segment, we heard what our listeners think Kansas City needs.
- Zac Snyder, bartender, Justus Drugstore
- Caitlin Corcoran, bartender, Port Fonda