Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu July 10, 2014
Kansas City Bartenders Create Cocktails Inspired By Local Bands
Music is often connected with emotions, but what about food? Can a cocktail taste like a song? On Thursday's Central Standard, we spoke with two Kansas City bartenders who recently completed a feat of synesthesia - creating original cocktails inspired by songs from local musicians. The event was called Mixtapes & Mixology.
Also, on our regular Tell KCUR segment, we heard what our listeners think Kansas City needs.
- Zac Snyder, bartender, Justus Drugstore
- Caitlin Corcoran, bartender, Port Fonda