Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue June 30, 2009
Kansas Citians Remember Michael Jackson
This week, shock waves reverberated worldwide, as the world mourned the loss of Michael Jackson. During the Stevie Wonder concert at the Starlight theater this week, fans of Jackson and Wonder celebrated the music of the King of Pop.
By Susan B. Wilson and Laura Ziegler
Kansas City, MO – It was an emotional concert, since Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder both child prodigies, had been good friends and musical collaborators. KCUR's Susan B. Wilson was there and spoke to Michael Jackson fans about his legacy.
KCUR's Laura Ziegler also did some remembering of her own. She was a new reporter at KCUR 25 years ago when Michael Jackson began his so-called Victory Tour in Kansas City. She covered the story with colleague Ron Jones. Laura called him on Friday to reminisce.