Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Up to Date
Tue July 31, 2012
Kansas 11th District Senate Incumbent Faces Conservative Challenger
Word came Tuesday that the Kansas Chamber of Commerce's political action committee spent more than a quarter of a million dollars on statehouse races this year supporting conservative Republicans running for state office.
Wednesday in the first half of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with one of the recipients of that money – Kansas state Senate 11th District candidate Jeff Melcher, CEO of NetStandard, a technology company, and his moderate Republican challenger, Pat Colloton, an attorney and four-term member of the House from Leawood.
We'll ask them about state tax policy, economic development, Medicaid, and education in the Sunflower State.
Up to Date