Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Around the Nation
Fri March 8, 2013
'Joint' Committee's Name Gets Some Laughs
Originally published on Fri March 8, 2013 10:50 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Here's one of the small joys of the change in marijuana laws. Colorado voters recently legalized small amounts of pot. State lawmakers must work out the details and regulations, how pot should be grown, taxed and sold. So they put together a special committee. Because it consists of members of both the State House and Senate, it is known by the phrase that such committee always are. Yes, it is the Joint Committee on Marijuana Regulation.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.